Openvpn GUI improvments
Openvpn is a great VPN tool and further more it has client for Linux, Mac OsX and Windows. The latter has also a simple GUI that allow people less familiar with computer to use a VPN.
Unfortunately I found the current version 1.0.3 too limited when dealing with a user with limited right (ie. without administrative rights) so I produced a version 1.0.4 that provide the following improvements:
- allow unlimited timeout for the pre-connection script (useful when prompting a user for password)
- provide a better feedback to the user on the real status of the connection when using service managed connections
- allow to run post connection script per connection when using service managed connection
- allow to run a post non connection script per connection when using service managed connection (that is when a connection is though to be unsuccessful)
- allow service to be terminated on user logoff or on suspend
I attached to this entry the binary openvpn-gui-1.0.4.exe, the patch from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4 and also a patch to allow to crosscompile openvpn on linux using mingw32 crosscompile environment.